The Fire Service Take
Sign up to hear directly from our subject matter expert in a quarterly dive deep into public safety boardband topics important to Fire Service.SIGN UP
Fire Service Resources
- FirstNet and Wildfire Response OperationsFive things to know about FirstNet and wildfire response operations.
As a member of the fire service, you know having the right tools improves response. Increasingly, your department relies on mobile applications to provide computer-aided dispatching, mapping tools, patient care reporting, and hazardous materials information. Unfortunately, you also know that during emergencies or large events, congestion on commercial networks can make your vital data sources unreachable or unreliable. FirstNet provides a secure, reliable broadband connection so communications stay intact during your most critical moments.
Always-on connection, priority and preemption, innovative tools
Whether sending images of wildfires or downloading building plans, FirstNet provides fire personnel with improved network coverage and network priority, preemption, and quality of service. The FirstNet network also enables you to:
- Share images and video and access weather/traffic data for a clearer operational picture
- Communicate and share data with other public safety agencies and jurisdictions
- Monitor FirstNet network status and view coverage in areas where responders are active or being deployed.
- Uplift specified users or groups over congested networks when an emergency or planned event occurs
- Manage mission-critical assets, supplies, and personnel with real-time tracking and mapping
- Boost communications during natural disasters, major planned events, or in remote locations using FirstNet dedicated deployable assets
- Use mapping applications that share lookout positions, escape routes, safety zones, and water sources
- Deploy drones to quickly search large areas and send livestream footage to incident command
- Identify a firefighter’s vertical location with FirstNet’s Z-axis capability
Complementing radio networks, available for agencies or BYOD
FirstNet provides high‐speed data services and non-mission-critical voice to augment the capabilities of today’s Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems. Because many firefighters depend on their personal mobile devices on the job, FirstNet is available for qualified, individual first responders who want to transition to the FirstNet network.
For public safety, by public safety
Through a robust consultation effort, the First Responder Network Authority works with the fire service community to ensure the FirstNet network meets your needs.