As a 9-1-1 Telecommunicator, you know that speed is of the essence. The faster you can deliver accurate, robust information to on-scene responders, the safer our communities are. FirstNet provides our nation’s emergency communicators with a secure, reliable broadband connection to communicate with both the public and first responders.
Always-on connection, priority and preemption, innovative tools
As the first touchpoint during an emergency, you need a network you can count on to relay information to first responders in the field. FirstNet provides a reliable network that includes priority, preemption, and quality of service—key features that ensure your communications are heard, even when networks are congested. The FirstNet network also enables you to:
- Quickly and reliably connect to first responders in the field and other agencies and jurisdictions, as an emergency unfolds.
- Track assets and personnel.
- Have the ability to “uplift” all users, including extended primary users, to a higher priority status when needed.
- Stream high-volume data—including videos, photos, and texts—to and from your Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) or Emergency Communications Center (ECC) to the field.
- Access 150+ FirstNet-dedicated network deployable assets, available at no cost to FirstNet subscribers, which can be used to reestablish a network connection to your ECC during a disaster that destroys existing infrastructure.
For public safety, by public safety
Through a robust consultation effort, the First Responder Network Authority works with the 9-1-1/emergency communications community to ensure the FirstNet network meets your needs.