For members of the emergency medical service, rapid access to information saves lives. Whether responding to a routine call or working a complex emergency, technology can connect EMS professionals to critical tools such as patient care reporting, mapping applications, and audio/video feeds.
Always-on connection, priority and preemption, innovative tools
FirstNet brings you priority access and improved coverage so you can provide the best pre-hospital care possible. FirstNet can help you:
- Image transmission in real time from new diagnostic tools, such as ultrasound and CT scanners
- Real‐time audio/video feed exchange with hospitals and physicians while on the scene and during transport
- Secure submission of sensitive patient data
- Patient tracking and bed management software for real-time monitoring.
- Improved tracking of assets and personnel
- A catalog of vetted, secure public safety and emergency medical service apps
- More than 150 FirstNet-dedicated deployables available at no cost to FirstNet subscribers
- Integration with Land Mobile Radio networks
Complementing radio networks, available for agencies or BYOD
FirstNet provides high‐speed data services and non-mission-critical voice to augment the capabilities of today’s Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems. Because many paramedics depend on their personal mobile devices on the job, FirstNet is available for qualified, individual first responders who want to transition to the FirstNet network.
For public safety, by public safety
Through a robust consultation effort, the First Responder Network Authority works with the EMS community to ensure the FirstNet network meets your needs.